I think it might be a lingering effect of the London Olympics, but this season navy (the color, not the flotilla) is everywhere. Here are a few things in this season’s “it” color to inspire you to travel fashionably and keep all other manner of blues away.
1. At once practical and chic, a scarf is the perfect way to add a little navy to your wardrobe, without getting all married to it. We all know that uniform friendly navy looks great with neutrals such as gray and khaki, but only flirt part time with that sailor. Instead try this piece paired with bolder colors to create a look that’s all your own. Everlane, $60
2. With handcrafted construction and an artisan’s touch, this patent iPad cover in the rainbow’s most conservative color is definitely not your standard iPad case. Available from Etsy. $79
3. Your secret’s safe with me if a flask is on your list of favored travel accessories. Since spotting this cute needlepointed Union Jack flask from Jonathan Adler it’s on mine. $98
4. Austrian-based Knirps has long been known as a maker of premium pocket sized umbrellas. Small, portable and sturdy, and in recent years “fashionable,” they even come with their own handled and zippered case. $49
5. I think cashmere sweaters are always a great idea. Sure they’re a little pricey, but if cared for properly, they will provide cozy moments for years to come. This season I like the slightly oversized boyfriend cardigan from J.Crew. (psssst… this style comes in lots of other colors too – humm, maybe they would look good with the navy scarf.) $238
6. Last I checked The Weekender, from Everlane in the color navy was actually on backorder. (We knew navy was popular these days, right?) If you can’t wait to get packing, fortunately this pretty and practical winner comes in several other colors at a smooth sailing price. $95
Do these pieces make you want to go to London? That’s what they do to us! Just remember that if you actually do go, don’t take a full flask onto the plane!