Dehydration prevention while traveling is easy with these 5 tips
I wanted to take a minute to remind you how important it is to stay hydrated at all times; especially while you are on the road exploring the many wonders of the world. We all know that water consumption is an important part of daily life, but it is even more important to us considering the amount of activity we get in.
Did you know that a brisk walk can cause you to lose a pound of water? That’s a lot of water that needs to be replenished! For that reason I briefly wanted to touch on some points to help you give your body the proper amount of water you need to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. I encourage you all to be more aware of your daily intake. Here are my top five tips to staying hydrated:
1. Always carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go. I recommend purchasing the re-usable, eco-friendly, BPA free steel bottles. You can find them pretty much anywhere. Not only are they great for keeping your water cool but they also help save plastic making our Earth smile just a bit more!
2. If plain water doesn’t interest you, get creative! Chop up some fresh oranges, lemon, and mint to add some flavor.
3. While exercising or out walking exploring make an effort to drink before, during and after the activities.
4. If you’re hungry, start with a glass of water. Often hunger cravings are confused with thirst. This trick can also help you loose a few pounds by controlling hunger
5. Start and end your day with a glass of water.
*For more information on dehydration prevention please visit here.. Cheers to drinking up some fresh aqua!
*Photo by Leo Newball, Jr.